- Can I run VantagePoint v15?
- How do I upgrade?
- Can VPv15 read my VPT files created with VPv14 (short answer - 'yes')
- Can the earlier version, VPv14 (and the VPv14 Reader,) view files created with VPv15 or later? (short answer - 'no')
- Can I have VPv15 and VPv14 installed at the same time? (short answer - 'no')
- If we don't update right now, how long will you support the older versions?
Here are the full system requirements for VPv15. In short, if you were able to run VPv14 then you should be able to run VPv15.
|Reminder #1: Copy your VantagePoint Registration Code to a safe place before starting. You might need to enter it again to activate VantagePoint. To see your Registration Code, start VantagePoint, go to the Help menu, and click "Manage License".|
Reminder #2: In VPv14 the recommended pathway to upgrade is by opening up VantagePoint, then go to Help->Check For Updates. This will walk through downloading the setup package and installing the update. If you encounter any problems with this process, then we recommend going to Help->Visit Downloads Page. Look for the latest installation pacakge and download the file.
Reminder #5: The first time a user launches VantagePoint they must use the shortcut installed to the Start menu so Windows Installer can configure settings.
If you are Upgrading from VPv14.x to VPv15
- In VantagePoint, go to Help->Check For Updates.
- Open the Update Dialog by clicking Select files to update.
- Follow the prompts to download the seutp file. When the download completes click "Install Now" on the Check for Updates window. Important Note: Clicking "Install Now" will close VantagePoint and start the upgrade process. You will be prompted to save any open VPT files before the software closes.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation upgrade process.
- Enter your VantagePoint Registration Code if prompted to do so.
- If you are taking an upgrade path beginning from VP2020 or earlier, then you should:
- Go to the VantagePoint downloads page
- Download the new version
- Uninstall VantagePoint, and then
- Install the new version.
- Enter your VantagePoint Registration Code to activate the license.
Yes - VPv15 can open any VPT files created in v7.0 or later. Any existing visualizations created in version 11 or later will still work, but if you want the latest new features they’ll need to be recreated in VPv15. Visualizations from versions 10 and earlier will not function and will need to be recreated with VPv15.
Older versions of VantagePoint will NOT be able to read files created OR SAVED by VPv15 or later.
No. VPv15 is intended to replace VPv14 and features such as functions of the scripts menu and updating import filters, scripts, and thesauri, will not work correctly if both versions are installed. For this reason, concurrent installations of VPv15 and any earlier version are not supported.
We have stopped supporting VP2020, but we will provide limited support for VPv14 until the next major release (several months). If you need to request a script or filter for VPv14, please remind us of the version ahead of time. There are a lot of helpful things in VPv15 that are not backwards compatible.