- New math functionality
- New visualizations: Pivot Tool, Scatter Plot, Multi Donut Chart, and enhanced Smart Pie Chord Chart
- Refine NLP function to clean up NLP terms
- Import more than text!
- UI/UX improvements
- Add user editable Sticky Notes to visualizations
- All in one Edit Groups dialog for easier, faster, and more functions for manipulating groups
- Apply custom styling and colors to visualizations with font and color settings for visualizations
- Export directly to excel and other Export Fielded Records improvements
- Find Similar Records options to fine tune the match criteria
- List Cleanup Confirmation enhancements
- Summary Sheet improvements
- and more...
- Performance Improvements
- Additional notes
Downloading and installing VantagePoint v12
Details on upgrading from an earlier version and transitioning from 32-bit to 64-bit versions can be found on our website in the upgrade FAQ.
Statistical table for calculating sum, average, min, max, and median values for numeric data
- Select any field in the dataset
- Select any numeric field
- Sort columns
- Select multiple items to view in Title and Detail views
New visualizations for Pivot Tool, Scatter Plot, Multi Donut Chart, and enhanced Smart Pie Chord Chart
- Compare three fields at once.
- Display results as a table, heatmap, bar chart, or stacked bar chart.
- Results can be record counts or percentages.
- Change and filter axes as needed in the final result.
Field selection for Scatter Plot allows users to select total counts or average as well as a year field for time slider:
Use the time slider to see how values change over time:
View how items compare between up to 7 different categories:
When a regular pie chart is inappropriate because of overlap, the Smart Pie view can show each slice’s overlapping and unique parts.
Use the Refine NLP tool to run a specially crafted set of thesaurus and cleanup algorithms to kickstart your semantic analysis.
Import and display images
- Images will display in List, Detail, and Record Views
- Importing hyperlinks from Excel now show as hyperlinks in List, Detail, and Record Views
- Create/Delete/Rename/Combine groups
- Change group color
- Create Field From Selected Groups
- Easily sort groups - manually reorder, sort alphabetically, sort by number of members, or sort by number of records
- Type to filter to quickly find a group
- Modify group membership of selected terms
- Directly export to Excel
- Setting to customize delimiter for multi valued fields
- Child fields export as separate columns when exporting compound fields
- Allows user to change match percentage and number of records to match
- Right click to search - engines now customizable
- Type to filter now has option to use regular expressions
- Added number of groups column to Summary Sheet
- Smarter Summary Sheet updating to eliminate unnecessary refreshes
- Remove ‘zoom’ from Summary right click menu
- Setting Data Type to Number will properly sort values with some non numeric characters such as currency symbols, percent signs, etc.
- Bubble and Gantt charts now support sorting numerical data
- Added sorting and column resizing to fielded record view
- Moved record view forward/backward/close buttons to the far left and added support for mouse forward/backward buttons to record view for quicker record classification
- Select all fields button at import
- New default hotkeys: ctrl + w to delete sheet, ctrl + home to go to summary sheet, ctrl + y to jump to sheet selector dropdown and initiate type to filter control
- CTRL + F to find in most browser sheets
- Automatically focus cursor on type to filter boxes in dialogs
- Create child field list from right click menu of parent field view
- Added optional prompt to rename field during further processing
- Aligned record classification terminology
- Made create field from group a large button for easier access
- Merge fields dialog now allows multi select and double click to add fields
- Sheet manager indicates current active sheet
- Installed scripts from downloads page automatically added to scripts menu
- Record classification from title right click menu now allows scrolling and multiple assignments
- Fixed scaling issue in cluster map
- Manage license dialog no longer requires email address for registration code activation
- Faster loading records in record view
- Faster sorting and displaying compound lists
- Reduced RAM usage while saving
- Faster keyword extraction
- Faster loading of large thesaurus files
For this release we've made the 64 bit version the default version due to the wide adoption of 64 bit Windows as the standard operating system. The 64 bit version of VantagePoint has advantages in handling large data samples over the 32 bit version. If you still require the 32-bit version of VP please contact our helpdesk.