We are pleased to announce the release of an update for VantagePoint. VantagePoint 15.2 adds several performance enhancements and stability improvements to the VantagePoint suite. The highlights are outlined below.
Downloading and installing VantagePoint 15.2
Details on installing VP 15.2 can be found on our website in the install FAQ.
Version 15.2 Release Notes (April 2023)
- Added Import Filter command to Read Link Data to allow importing an embedded URL from an Excel table.
- Fixed crash when canceling an import from API call.
- Improve error handling when importing from API
- Improve HTML protection in import
- Add or Edit hyperlinks on list items via context menu
- Edit Item Text allows paste without overwriting existing text.
- Fixed bug when trying to rename a My Keyword list.
- Terms by Year enhancements to improve performance and eliminate errors.
- Fixed bug in List Cleanup not matching stems properly.
- Sort groups in Dialogs based on sort order in List View.
- Fix bug when selecting main label in Concept Grid.
- Fixed render issue when attempting to load inline links within a block of text in record views.
- Fixed bug running Cluster Records in non-US locales.
- Fixed bug selecting records in Cluster Records.
- Fixed axis label in Scatter Plot.
- Fixed font styles not being applied properly after initialization.
- Fixed bugs in Export Image PNG export introduced by chrome 111 where canvas size defaults to 800x600 and some elements were not properly rendered.
- Fixed dialogs losing focus after autosize
Version 15.1 Release Notes (December 2022)
- Added Dataset Identifier field to default import filters to differentiate between “old” and “new” records when combining datasets.
- One World Analytics (https://oneworldanalytics.com/) has agreed to provide Search Technology access to Short IPC Labels for use in Search Technology's VantagePoint analytics software. The Short IPC Labels, developed and curated by One World Analytics for WIPO reports, distill International Patent Classification definitions into simple, concise phrases enabling visualizations and reports to have effective, approachable content instead of cryptic alpha/numeric codes or lengthy, complex definitions. The Short IPC Labels are deployed as a standard thesaurus within VantagePoint starting with VP 15.1.
- Fixed issue where process fields were being added to the record view.
- Fixed bug in Remove Duplicates where selecting records by date wasn’t ordered properly.
- Fixed bug in Remove Duplicates where matching criteria was dependent on the order they were selected.
- Fixed issues with child fields and further processing commands breaking child history or improperly assigning processed fields as active children.
- Fixed bug in Cleanup Confirm window improperly highlighting terms as matched by thesaurus.
- Fixed bug resuming saved list cleanup when using a thesaurus during cleanup.
- Improvements to Refine NLP to remove more “junk” terms.
- Completely rebuilt Cluster Records to handle much larger datasets, upwards of 60,000 (up from ~4,000 max).
- Added field selection dialog for Concept Grid to limit to only fields that make sense for the algorithm.
- Fixed bug in Pivot Tool to properly count record counts for multi-valued fields when filtering.
- When importing categories in the Record Classification dialog, users will now be prompted to automatically assign records to those categories if they come from a field within that dataset.
- Allow user to bias terms as “most important” for the auto-classifier by assigning a keyword to a classification in the auto-classifier settings dialog.
- In Smart Trainer, prioritize English Only records first for training.
- Add Record Classification and Record notes to fields shared during “Record Share”.
- Fixed bugs and stability issues.
- Updated Context Sensitive Help (F1) for many dialogs and visualizations.
- Fixed alpha sorting for field names on some dialogs.
- After resizing, dialogs reposition to the center of the screen so buttons are visible.
- Updates to Chromium and Stingray Libraries.
- Force VP window to the front after completing a script.
Version 15 Release notes (September 2022)
- Search for records based on group membership
- Search for records based on record note text
Patstat API data
- IPC Indicators
- Standardized Assignee Name
Add To Group (new Dialog)
Accessed via Right click-> Add to Group in List/Detail/Matrix views and in Find -> Add to Group. Adds the ability to type to filter groups.
Combine Duplicate Records (new look)
Added option to Omit Records marked for omission during combine stage
Remove Duplicate Records (new look – new capability)
- Pick criteria for how records will be kept. Options include keeping the records based on Length, Date, Content, Language and more...
- Added option to Omit records marked for omission during removal stage
Split items into multiple items in List Cleanup Confirm
In List Cleanup Confirm an item can now be split into two. For example:
Clone the item:
Then drag each instance into the appropriate set:
IPC-WIPO Green Codes
Adds a thesaurs file for converting IPC Codes to WIPO's environmentally friendly technology categories.
Given a multi-valued field of authors/affiliations/inventors/etc., this creates a compound field with the following child fields:
- Betweenness Centrality – how often a node lies along the path between other nodes. (i.e. a lot of information flows through that node)
- Closeness Centrality – total distance to all other nodes
- Degree Centrality – how many connections does a node in the network have?
- Keystone - Harmonic Average of the three centrality measures and the number of records.
Smart Trainer – add fields to Smart Trainer View
Training fields will remain at the top, this adds additional fields the user can select to show in a separate table below. The fields added will NOT be used to train the knowledgebase.
Plots records based on similarity of terms within the records' training fields. A variety of algorithms are available to determine how the records are plotted.
Create a flow chart with up to 5 fields showing the cooccurrence between the fields. Records will cascade down from left to right. In other words data in the columns will not contain any records that were not in set of records in the column to the left of it.
Limited to a max of 5 fields.
Clicking the link between two rectangles in the chart will show the shared records between those two items in the data.
Create Concept Grid
Given a field of keyword-like terms (we suggest Refined NLP Phrases), Create Concept Grid will perform PCA-based clustering to identify broad sets of frequently co-occurring terms. Each broad concept will then be re-analyzed to find potential sub-topics. Sub-topics that reappear in multiple main concepts will be highlighted with the same color.
Add Third Field to Bubble Chart (Bubble Pie)
Select field in Bubble Chart dropdown after the chart has been created to create pie charts. Limited to fields with fewer than 7 items.
Export to Tableau and PowerBI
Export Records…->Select PowerBI or Tableau as the Export to… option.
Share Record and Email
Send Logging info directly to helpdesk.
If you have any questions about this update of VP please contact our helpdesk.