We are pleased to announce the release of an update for Derwent Data Analyzer. Version 10.1 adds several performance enhancements and stability improvements to the DDA suite. The highlights are outlined below.
Downloading and installing DDAv10
Details on upgrading from an earlier version and transitioning from 32-bit to 64-bit versions can be found on our website in the upgrade FAQ.
10.1.28209 update highlights (released June 2021):
- Fixed bug in translation file.
10.1.27923 update highlights (released March 2021):
- Fixed bug when opening dataset with Record Classifications
10.1.27818 update highlights (released February 2021):
- Performance improvements for loading, merging, and deleting fields and groups
- Increased compatibility for a wider range of APIs
- Improvements for JSON data handling
- Fixed multi-file excel import and error handling
- Add support for numeric data in pivot charts
- Fixed issues with occasional invalid sheet index
- Fixed bug where detail view settings were sometimes lost when opening a previously saved file
- Fixed bugs in Import Filter Editor
- Fixed bugs in thesaurus editor menu, handling of duplicate items, and performance improvements
- Improvements to license handling
- Various UI Enhancements and fixes
- Fixed crashes in Record Fusion, Detail Views, and Import, and improved logging for future crashes.
Version 10 highlights (released October 2020):
- Enhanced Internal Database Import
- Better Recognition of Data Types in Excel
- Import CSV files directly with Database Import
- Performance Improvements
- Boosted efficiency importing large files
- New Predictive Analytics fields from DI added to DDA
- Added Stopwords and Keepwords support for Refine NLP
- Simplified UI for Combining Datasets
- New Augment Data feature
- Simplified UI for Appending fields to existing datasets [Record Fusion]
- API Import to add online database fields (DI) to existing dataset
- Improved Auto-Classifier
- New, more powerful algorithm (internally developed - proprietary)
- Improved UI to give users better access to classification tools
- Added functionality to Import/Export knowledgebase to transport training data between files
- New Smart Trainer to guide user through selecting records for classification
- Added optional Disregard category to Classifications
- Automatically create new field from categories after performing auto-classification
- Simplified process for changing training fields.
- Find similar records based on text input
- Add Records to Group directly from Title or Record Window
- Find Records by searching for data across multiple fields
- Calculate Date Difference between two dates, either populated from date fields in the dataset or a fixed date, in days, weeks, months, or years
- Enhancements to Statistics Sheet
- Added box plots to statistics sheet
- Added functions to create quartile groups from statistics sheet and to create groups in statistics sheet from selection
- Added export to excel option for statistics sheet
- Enhancements to make Super Profile creation simpler
- Pivot Tool enhancements
- Increased number of possible fields in Pivot Tool to 10.
- Added Table Bar Chart, Bar Chart, Stacked Bar Chart, and Line Chart to available visualizations
- Added aggregators for numeric data with Count, Sum, Average, Median and Maximum
- Added ability to select groups when selecting fields
- New visualiztion to plot emergence indicators by score and record count
- New butterfly chart to compare two items in a list against another field
- Allow multi-select on nodes in cluster map
- Added new visualization controls to allow customization to look and feel of charts and graphs after they've been created
- Detail window states saved to file
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
- Improved Dialog sizing when windows DPI is higher than 100%.
- Streamlined future update process to make updates easier
- Improved look and feel
For this release we've made the 64 bit version the default version due to the wide adoption of 64 bit Windows as the standard operating system. The 64 bit version of Derwent Data Analyzer has advantages in handling large data samples over the 32 bit version. If you still require the 32-bit version of DDA please contact our helpdesk.